Monday, August 8, 2011

Inspiration from an unlikely, but appreciated, source

So I haven't blogged in ages. I haven't even thought about blogging. Someone posted today on my Facebook that I should start a blog. Hey, I have one of those, if they haven't deactivated it since it has been so long since I have logged on......much to my delight it is still here. And I must say, I went back and read over the whole woppin' 9 blog entries that I have posted and I really like being able to look back and remember what happened on a particular day that I normally would  have probably never remembered. Like when Kellin was standing in his little brothers crib peeling decals off the wall. Or how Mahala has her moments where she is such a good big sister, and little sister that it brings tears to my eyes.

So, here's to starting my blog back up. My inspiration came from a very unlikely source. My ex-husbands wifes mother. Basically Kaleb and Mahala's grandparents that live in California. They got to meet them for the first time earlier this summer. It was quite and adventure for them. They got to fly on a huge airplane, just the two of them. My words of warning were, "Mahala don't talk to strangers (yeah right)" and "Kaleb do your best to make sure your sister doesn't tell our entire life story to some complete stranger on the airplane, please. No, really, please." Overall they did great. They were gone for 2 weeks. During that 2 weeks I took entirely too many pictures of the dogs because frankly, Kellin and Colton just aren't that cooperative. They went to Disneyland, which is SO cool. They went to the beach. They met some more of their cousins, and formed some great bonds. Those two kids have so much love to give, and so many people that love them in return. I am so blessed to know that no matter what happens in this world, there is no shortage of people who will love and cherish my children. That is a good feeling.They got to spend some much needed time with their dad and Miss Amber and see some dear old friends from another lifetime ago. And this was all after we spent 9 days down in Alabama at my parents house boating and fishing and swimming and having bonfires. Overall I would venture to say they have had a pretty good summer.

Now we are waiting for school to start. Kaleb starts football practice tonight. He is such a passive kid, but I have a sneaking suspicion there is some aggressiveness way down deep just waiting for the right outlet, I hope maybe this is it. I want so badly for him to find something that he is really really good at. Doesn't every mother want that for their child? I mean he is awesome at making friends, knows no stranger and catches on to pretty much anything fairly quickly, but I want him to be good, I mean really good at something. I am just not so sure that paying good money to have someone tackle my child is the answer, but hey, we will try anything once right?? We explained to him that there was no quitting once he started. I wonder if I am not going to be the one marching out on that field when he gets the crap beat out of him or tackled by 6 kids twice his size. Haha, I am such a bad playground mom!!

I had surgery last Wednesday, August 3rd. It was long overdue. I had a hysterectomy and left ovary removal. I had been having so many problems since Colton was born and with my severe endometriosis that it was unfair to the kids and Mic every two months when I would get so sick. So, hopefully after this recovery I will be well, really really well so we can move past this phase of life where everyone is worried about mommy. Yeah, that is not fun, for anyone so we can be done with that any time now. Right now I am not recovering as quickly as I had hoped, which I guess is okay because I am sure if I felt tip top I would be doing too much anyway. Maybe this past year has taught me to finally listen to my body because 2 close calls is just 2 too many. I have 4 children, 3 dogs, 2 cats and a husband to raise!! Speaking of husbands, Mic has been wonderful. Taking care of so much and with such grace, uh, if guys have grace, or whatever they have.

Okay this has gotten way too long. Just a quick note on the title......a little inspiration from an unlikely source is what prompted me to go find my blog, and try twice on what they password was, but I got it on the second try. Look over the few blogs I did post and decide that blogging is a good thing, and fun, and sometimes just what you need to give you some perspective. So, I leave you with this. Look for your inspiration in the little things, in the unlikely places, and take it for what it is worth. I have some amazing people in my life that care about me, or my kids, or me and my kids, and my husband, or however, whichever or whatever. Point is care a little, or more then you do, you will get more in return for your efforts then you ever expected.






1 comment:

  1. I know the sort of recovery you are in now - and I pray yours will go as quick as mine did! :) Now if I could just be blessed with four children (or heck, even ONE)...

    :)

    ReplyDelete