Thursday, August 11, 2011

10

Ten doesn't seem like a terribly big number does it? No, not too big. Unless you are talking about the scale. I need the scale to be 10 pounds less. After 4 beautiful children, 2 marriages, 4 years in the military, a 4 year college degree, some grad school classes, a Paralegal program, 7 surgeries, a few other unpleasant procedures and many other life events I have 10 pounds that I cannot lose before I am back at the weight I was before I gave birth to my first child 9 years, 6 months and 9 days ago. I promised myself I would lose the weight before I had my hysterectomy. That didn't happen. So now I am telling myself it will be before I turn 30. I have unwittingly convinced myself that since I have had a hysterectomy and am about to turn 30 that if I don't lose this weight soon I will never lose it.

I have all but driven myself crazy with this issue. So, I have decided that I am just going to do it. I am going to lose those last 10 pounds so I can be at my "pre-pregnancy" weight by the time I am 30. Wish me luck, I will keep you posted......

On another note, exactly one week from tomorrow the kids head back to school. Mahala will be 7 on that day and going to her first day of 2nd grade. Kaleb will be starting 4th grade AND going to a new school. It is at the same school as the Jr. High, although they don't change classes and have lockers and such like the Jr. Highschoolers. But still. A new school, with Jr. High kids in the same vicinity. That is close. That was fast. I remember that little kid and the minute he was born like it was yesterday. I swear, I could tell you details, what my nurse at Womack Army Medical Center looked like, what they brought me to eat after I delivered him. He is such an amazing kid. I think all my children are amazing, but for such very very different reasons. They each have these spectacular qualities that are endearing and unique. They truly are fearfully and wonderfully made. Kaleb is my gentle, kind and precious boy. He has such a good demeanor, and he loves so good. I mean that kid knows how to make you feel loved. And he does it with no effort. It comes so easily and naturally to him. I cannot stand to see him hurting, it literally breaks my heart. And he is the absolute best big brother a kid could ask for. He is attentive, caring, funny, stern, always looking out for their best interests. He is amazing. When it comes to big brothers he is a 10. Top notch, doesn't get any better. Hey, maybe 10 isn't such a bad number??? Oh, just when it comes to pounds, lol.

I read other peoples blogs and they are so rich, insightful and deep. Mine however is not. Mine is a tad boring, fairly lengthy because just like when I talk I tend to overdo it just a tad, but the one thing it is is mine, and theirs. Kaleb, Mahala, Kellin and Colton. Everyday I have the opportunity to make an impression with my child. It could be something I do, say, don't do, don't say, something I read, a hug, a smile, a scold, or just a look. So as I write this I wonder if maybe if I didn't do anything significant that I can think of at this very moment, maybe this blog that my kids can read later on will leave a mark. A good one, a memory, a lesson brushed aside. Or maybe just a laugh or a chuckle. Or maybe it won't be this blog at all, maybe it will just be the kiss goodnight that they are guaranteed to get from me, whether or not today was a life lesson day or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment