Thursday, September 15, 2011

I have a story to tell

Can you believe it? I have something to say! Crazy right. Yeah, I am glad I just made you smile with my obvious sarcasm, you're welcome. And because I have a story to tell I think I am going to use my blog. I want to record things such as my children's birth stories, exciting things that have happened to me, my family, or to people that I love and care about. I promise I won't reveal terribly embarrassing things about anyone, except for my children of course. I will embarrass them with no reserve, hopefully not to the point where they will need extensive counseling at a later age, but.....no promises. I also want to share things that will be significant to my children some day, maybe the story of how I met their dad(s), although this won't be immediately as there are other people I have to talk to in order to get the okay to share these stories.

I will probably continue to tell stories and give updates on our crazy hectic life mixed in, but I believe a blog with a purpose to not just to babble, unload and share but an intentional story, with recalling and reflections and memory work will be fun, and nice to have. I sure hope the internet doesn't become obsolete and take my blog with it someday. I have been thinking about this for a while. My husband says I should write a book. Everything is a New York Times Best Seller these days. I don't think writing a book is my thing. I don't have anything to write about that is of any importance to anyone else but a few select people, and me. And my topics are so random. I am fairly certain a publisher wouldn't want a random book with no flow from chapter to chapter full of sarcasm, way too many commas and quasi-facts based on my opinion of people and life. 

I am also hoping that in telling these stories I will be able to make someone smile, or give someone inspiration, or help someone through a rough day. Nothing in our life is perfect, except for the love that we receive from God. So that makes everything else free game, open playing field and available to share and laugh about. By writing a blog about writing blogs I am putting it out there, giving my audience, yes my 4 followers, an expectation, something to keep me accountable and a goal.

On days when I don't have time to write a full fledged blog or tell a story, but still feel I have something to share I am borrowing and idea from my friend from high school and avid blogger Bonnie Engstrom who does "7 quick takes" and shares, yep, you guessed it, 7 thoughts or events. I am borrowing this idea, but I am choosing the number 6, for the 6 people in our family. Not that there will always be a quick take for each person in the family, I just like our family of 6 so I am sticking with it.

So, I am going to tell my story. It is actually our story as some of you play such an important part in my life, and have influenced me in ways I may never find adequate words to describe, but I will sure give it my best effort. Feel free to join in on the journey, or check back every now and then if you get a chance. Here is to telling a story!

No comments:

Post a Comment